Providers are essential partners both for admissions/discharge and managing mental health crises with a patient or client can be confusing and stressful. We’re here to help.
If you have a client or patient who you think may require acute behavioral health services, please contact our Admissions department and provide the following information:
- Date of Birth
- Description of the precipitating event
- Insurance information (if available)
Below are some recommendations to providers that ensure a smooth transition from your office to our hospital for your patient:
- Please call as soon as you know a client needs to come into our care, and if possible, provide an assessment or information regarding precipitating event via secure fax
- Our Secure Fax number is 208-918-4972
- Coordination of Care (see HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices) allows providers to communicate directly without explicit permission from the patient/client, particularly when coordinating to higher/lower levels of care.
- Be explicit about what they can expect from CCBH upon admission, or if you’re not sure, simply say so
- Inform the family or individual about your reason for the referral
- Provide the family information (rack flyers, directions, or direct line to admissions number 208-202-4701)
- Let the patient and patient’s family know that you’ll be following up with CCBH to ensure they’ve arrived and started the assessment process
- During care,call our Social Services Department to ask for assigned social services staff, and updates regarding discharge